You’ll be surprised how much money you can save by tightening your belt a little. Short of checking inside the couch for coins, here are nine tips guaranteed to save you money.
2. Chop the credit cards into tiny pieces. Get a consolidation loan to lower your monthly payments and the interest rate. Stash the extra cash.
3. Become your own barista. Coffee is pretty expensive, but not as expensive as it is at the local coffee baron. Why pay their rent? Use the savings for retirement.
4. Shop at thrift stores. You’d be surprised at what you’ll find. You can get everything from clothing to household items for next to nothing.
5. Disconnect your land line. Why pay for two telephones? Save hundreds of dollars a year by not having a land line.
6. Eat leftovers. Learn to create soups and casseroles. A good casserole can feed you for a few days. Soup’s a great food that goes well with a sandwich or salad.
7. Take a home-made lunch to work. Bringing your lunch to work a few times each week can save you hundreds of dollars.
8. Car payments be gone! Buy a good used car. Find a modestly-priced daily driver that gets good mileage.
9. Draw up a strict budget. Develop a budget that enables you to save each month…and then make sure you stick with it.